Playstation 5 Specifications
How fast will be the PS5?
Welcome to our PS5 Specifications page, where we talk about the technology that will power the PS5. Our prediction puts the PS5’s release date at 2020. By the time this year rolls around, technology will be in a very different place. We will be capable of doing new and exciting things, and as the system ages, it will evolve more than any PlayStation console before it.
Before we dive into our in-depth look at potential PS5 specs, lets start with the current predictions. The system’s architect, Mark Cerny, revealed some official details in April 2019, but the exact specs still remain a mystery. Here is what we know from that reveal:
- PS5 will support up to 8K resolutions
- The system will include an SSD that will drastically reduce load times
- Ray tracing (a powerful graphics technique) is supported by PS5
- The system uses a variation of AMD’s third generation Ryzen with eight cores of the new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture
- GPU is a variation of the Radeon Navi family
- The system provides 3D audio without any additional hardware
- Backwards compatibility with PS4 titles and PSVR is confirmed
A user on the Beyond3D Forum posted what they claimed to be leaked specs for the new system. Keep in mind, these seem a little high, but this is also the place where the Wii U’s specs were correctly leaked, so there may be some validity here.
These are our current spec predictions based on rumors and what was revealed by Mark Cerny:
- CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.2Ghz with a Zen2 architecture
- GPU: Navi-based with AMD next-gen features at 12.6 to 14.2 teraflops
- Memory: 24GB total with reportedly 20GB GDDR6 at 880GB/S and 4GB DDR4 for the operating system
- 2 TB SSD
It’s quite the leap, but with promises of 4K 60FPS across the board, this is the kind of hardware we would need. That being said, the RAM/memory seems a little on the high side. With these specs in mind, let’s dive deeper into the technology that could power the PS5 at launch and potentially a PS5 Pro midway through the next generation!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest information about Playstation 5 by subscribing to our newsletter.